Thursday, September 15, 2005

What eez it man?

What





the hell





is...





THIS?


It's:
  • Hard and bonelike
  • Doesn't dissolve or soften in water
  • Has several spiky looking points

I'll tell you what it's not. It's not supposed to be in a can of chicken noodle soup. Yes, I'm going to call the Campbell Soup Company. Before I contact them, I figured we'd have a little fun with it here first.

Dear Campbell Soup Co:
"I recently found something chunky that shouldn't belong in your Chunky soup. I took a poll on my website, and now think this nubbin is .... We'd like to hear your response."

I'm leaving comments wide open for a few days at the risk of letting in the comment spammer scumbags. Any comments with a URL will be deleted as usual, unless it has something to do with this mystery.

Take a stab. What the hell?

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prof - Gaaak! A really chunky chicken finger...oh wait, chicken's don't have fingers.....I was tempted to put a URL in my post, just so I could be a scumbag! :o) I'm looking forward to the interesting responses as well. Maybe Eddie Lin would eat it!

9/16/2005 06:57:00 AM  
Blogger Ziz said...

It sort of reminds me of those billy bob teeth gaurds people get for halloween. Except much more sinister. Eck.

9/16/2005 07:07:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a Klingon battle cruiser to me.
you sure it didn't fall out of your cereal box?

9/16/2005 08:30:00 AM  
Blogger Daily Gluttony said...

Nice Ren Hoek quote!

It looks like a little dead stiff-as-a-board animal on its back. Hey, maybe it is Ren! Where's Stimpy?

9/16/2005 10:04:00 AM  
Blogger elmomonster said...

OK...I'll take a swipe or several:


1. A calcified beak.
2. A chicken's kazoo.
3. A chicken's prison shank.
4. A severed claw.
5. A tumor.

9/16/2005 03:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooo

mmmm

gggg.

you found that in your soup?!?!?!

i would be absolutely...i dunno what. petrified? mortified? stupefied? thank GOD you didn't actually EAT it!!!

9/20/2005 12:51:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know!
I know!!

You got the can with the secret surprise inside!!

Bet you can redeem it for some real cool prizes!!

And you almost thought it wasn't s'posed to be there.....

9/20/2005 01:55:00 PM  
Blogger Professor Salt said...

How can we solve this mystery? Does someone here know anyone that can slice this in a microtome and drip some hexavalent isochickenbromide to figure out the DNA jibba jabba of this sucka?

Seriously. I'd like to send this to a lab somewhere. Who personally knows how to get this done?

9/21/2005 12:18:00 AM  
Blogger Cate said...

Ummm .... ewwww!

9/21/2005 09:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, the two pictures: are they opposite sides, or is the thing changing shape as time passes? It's what, maybe an inch long? I've voting for maybe a bone fragment from a mechanical meat separator, which then got cooked with the turmeric, or whatever coloring agent they use to make the soup look more "chicken-y".


RFGS

9/27/2005 09:15:00 PM  
Blogger Professor Salt said...

Hi Rich,

The photos show the thing from different sides. Your guess is what I figured, too.

10/01/2005 09:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home